West End bounce back at Harp

Lochee Harp 1, Forfar WE 3

Saturday saw the second meeting of the season between Forfar West End and Lochee Harp.

West End went into the game on the back of their first league defeat of the season at Arbroath Vics, and they knew that the Harp match was always going to be a tricky encounter to get back to winning ways.

The game got under way with a heavy pitch underfoot so this game was not going to one for the faint hearted.

The home side came out the blocks flying and had a great chance in the 10th minute.

West end then began to find their feet and created some chances of their own with Scott going close on a couple of occasions but found Bell in the home side’s goal was in great form.

Then Grant nearly finished off a neat move but his shot sailed over the bar.

The game became a bit scrappy for the next 20 minutes with the state of the pitch playing a large part in this. Then just as half time approached West End made the all important breakthrough.

Neat play from Ramsay and Grant resulted in SCOTT dropping off to the edge of the box and unleashing an unstoppable drive past Bell to give the Strathmore men an all important lead going into half time. 

In the second half West End looked to increase their lead. The home side pressed in the early stages of the half and were rewarded in the 50th minute.

A corner came over from the right and Brad MILLER flicked a header across goal. The ball then deflecting off Cairney and rolled into the bottom corner of the net.

This seemed to be a big wake up call for West End and they took control of proceedings by going right on the front foot after this setback.

They regained the lead in the 66th minute when Cairney pushed forward from the back and his long searching ball found its way to COX who took one touch and dispatched the ball past the helpless Bell.

West End’s task was made a little trickier when Tinley received a straight red card for an apparent kick out at the Harp full back.

As the game entered the closing stages, the Harp full back who was involved earlier with Tinley also received his marching orders for a late challenge on Irons and received a second red as he remonstrated with the match official.

The clock was ticking down and with 10 minutes to go SCOTT made sure of the points, drilling home an unstoppable shot past Bell after neat play from Ramsay and a great touch from Irons.