A serious fire in an upstairs flat at Goosecroft in the middle of Friday morning left two properties badly damaged and uninhabitable.
Two units of Tayside Fire and Rescue from Forfar, and one from Dundee, raced to the address.
Firefighters using four sets of breathing apparatus and one hosereel jet removed one person and handed them over to paramedics. Fears that a child was also in the flat were unfounded.
The blaze was declared out at 11.32am although Firefighters remained on site, dealing with hotspots.
Windows had been opened for ventilation, and wisps of smoke could be seen drifting out. There was a strong smell of burning in the air.
Crews ventilated adjoining flats and carried out a damping down operation, checking for any remaining hot spots.
Angus Council was alerted as the flats are council property and Police Scotland were also at the scene.
A joint investigation will be carried out in due course between SFRS and Police Scotland to establish the cause.